Family forced to pull the plug on baby girl after she choked on a cookie in front of them
Isabella Stark was only cared for by her family for fifteen months until she passed away suddenly. The family had no option but to stop the child’s breathing when they witnessed her choke in front of them.
God gave them an angel as a gift. Isabella was her name. She is now with God after leaving them, Joshua Leon Stark, the kid’s distraught dad, stated.
On the routine morning of September 13, 2021, Isabella was going about her usual, happy life at home when a sad turn of events began. The baby moved around the house while munching on a macadamia nut cookie. At one point Isabella stumbled and started screaming, taking deep breaths and inhaling crushed walnuts into her lungs.
The message was released at the BackaBuddy fundraiser, which was organized to help the family with mounting medical expenses. Her distraught mother began to cry for help and “Isabella’s grandparents rushed to see Isabela’s lifeless body and immediately tried to clear her airway and found that it was very deep inside, so they started CPR,” the message said.
The letter added that during this time, Isabela’s father was called on the phone and told to go home from work to take Isabela to the hospital. Isabella received continuous CPR from the time she coughed until she arrived at the emergency room for about 15 minutes.
Joshua decided to shave his head to show support for his little girl as she lay in her hospital bed. In a post on baby Isabella Stark’s Facebook page, she said: “Isabella’s dad Joshua shaved his head when Isabella had to be shaved and he wants to show his support to make sure she shouldn’t be the only one with a shaved head.”
Isabella underwent surgery and doctors were able to remove the debris from her small lungs. The baby was attached to a machine, which was the only thing keeping him alive, and was discovered about a week after choking on a biscuit.
The doctors made the decision to call the family to the hospital and inform them of the situation as it was. According to Juliet Besson, representative of the family, “the doctors called to advise the family must come to the hospital. Her brain wasn’t getting enough oxygen, so she was on artificial life support.
It was decided to turn off Isabella’s life support system, which was keeping her alive.
Basson said she passed out as soon as the car was turned off.
They were blessed to have her in their lives for 15 months where she took over their lives and they loved every moment she touched so many lives and now she is up in heaven watching over them like an angel and holding them safe and all they can say is thank you to everyone who prayed or contributed, Joshua wrote in a Facebook post after the baby passed away.